Saturday, September 24, 2011
1:30 - 5:00 PM
Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts
Click here to register.
The Kentucky Film Lab Presents
An Afternoon with John DeCuir, Jr.:
A workshop in Art Direction
and Production Design for Filmmakers
What do Ghostbusters, Top Gun, Sister Act 2, Turner and Hooch and 50 other film and television titles have in common? They all count John DeCuir, Jr. as Art Director or Production Designer.
Aspiring and practicing filmmakers will learn the tricks of the trade for effective Art Direction and Production Design through hands-on exercises and John's long history of practical experience.
Workshop elements include:
- The importance of design in overall story impact
- Choosing design elements from script
- Character development through production design
- Storyboarding and the power of the pencil
- Set design choices for both story and budget
- Careers in design, art direction and production design
- The "what if?" factory
- And collaboration for the improvement of cinematic arts in Kentucky
For more about John: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0214039/